to improve stormwater run-off quality (pollutant and contaminant
reduction) to prevent or minimize water pollution. Many
jurisdictions require stormwater management that fulfill the
requirements of this credit.
Implement best management practices (BMPs) on 90% of the average
annual rainfall to remove 80% of the average annual post
development total suspended solids (TSS).
- Filtration basins (filters)
- Detention Ponds / Retention Ponds
- Vegetated filter strips
- Pervious paving
- Oil interceptors at parking lots do not count for this
- Building owners should consider cost (and maintenance labor
requirement) for filter replacement in water treatment system
- Roof run-off must also be treated.
- 39% of all California LEED Certified projects achieved this
credit for LEED v2.1.
Additional EDR Resources
Thinking outside the Box
Design Briefs: Design
For Your Climate
E-News for Designers: e-News #7: Design Communities with Built-in